- This event has passed.
Conflict Transformation Skills for Churches-Lombard Mennonite Peace Center
May 20 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Upcoming workshop offered by the Lombard Mennonite Peace Center “Conflict Transformation Skills for Churches”. We would love to have pastors, Conference staff, or church members from the Chicago Metropolitan Association of Illinois Conference UCC join us for this training.
Event: Conflict Transformation Skills for Churches
Sponsor: Lombard Mennonite Peace Center
Location: Union Church of Hinsdale, Hinsdale, IL (Chicago area)
Date: May 20, 2017
This one-day workshop teaches some basic hands-on skills to help participants address conflicts within their congregations, communities, and homes in a healthy manner. Topics include:
- Viewing conflict as an opportunity for growth.
- Studying the Biblical basis for conflict transformation.
- Understanding your own style of responding to conflict.
- Practicing communication skills necessary to transform conflict peacefully.
- Developing strategies for preventing destructive conflict in the church family.
- Learning a model for working at congregational decision-making in a win-win manner.
For more information, go to www.LMPeaceCenter.org, call LMPC at (630) 627-0507, or email LMPC at peace@LMPeaceCenter.org. You can register online at the LMPC website or download a group discount coupon and registration form. Click link below to view brochure for the event, which contains information and a registration form.